If you are suffering from sleeping difficulties when on the HCG diet, don’t worry it is not uncommon. Remember how the HCG works in conjunction with a very low calorie diet, the HCG drops are actively working to mobilize your excess fat and converting it into energy, so if anything, if you are having the occasional sleeping problem, it shows the HCG diet is doing its job!
We recommend that you get between 7-9 hours sleep each night but you may experience actually getting to sleep more challenging than usual.
But don’t worry (that will only add to the problem!) the following tips will help not only those on the HCG diet, but anyone who cannot fall asleep at night as soon as the light goes off…
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea before retiring. Herbal teas are allowed on the HCG diet and is proven in helping the body relax, making sleeping easier.
- Take a warm, relaxing bath before bedtime. Light a few candles, and shut yourself from the world, drink your chamomile tea and then curl up in your bed ready for a soothing night’s sleep.
- Do not take any caffeinated drinks past lunchtime. The caffeine will stay in your system longer than you think and will keep you awake at night. Certain vitamin supplements can have a similar effect, B12 especially, so if you are taking this consider cutting down on the dosage while on the HCG diet.
- Taking a short walk before bedtime will also help you burn off any excess energy, I know most people will shy away from having to exercise before bedtime, but if you are having sleep problems, it will definitely help.
- Try turning off any electronic entertainment an hour before you sleep, go to bed with a good book! This has always worked for me. I have suffered from mild insomnia in the past and I honestly think this is the best remedy for beating it, absorb yourself in a favorite book and when that light goes dark the sleep will follow…
If the above still doesn’t solve the issue there are natural sleep aid products available, with LipoRid PM being very poular.
Do you have any tips that help with sleeping when on the HCG diet, share it with our community in the box below.